vxworks process and task - VxWorks

This is a discussion on vxworks process and task - VxWorks ; Hello every body, When I was reading vxworks programmer's guide 6.3, I came across regarding process and task in vxworks. Before vxworks 6.0 we did not talk regarding process and task explicitly, and also we did not talk regarding the ...

  1. vxworks process and task

    Hello every body,

    When I was reading vxworks programmer's guide 6.3, I came across
    regarding process and task in vxworks.

    Before vxworks 6.0 we did not talk regarding process and task
    explicitly, and also we did not talk regarding the user level and
    kernel level, but from vxworks 6.0, in every document he is specifying
    the process and task and also talking about user level and kernel
    level.

    do we have these variations from the new version of vxworks ?

    Do they also exists in older versions of vxworks ?

    Kindly clarify the things.

  2. Re: vxworks process and task

    Those are new concepts for vxWorks 6.x. RTP (real-time processes) are
    described in
    http://www.windriver.com/whitepapers...xworks6_wp.pdf. Section
    3 contrasts it with the existing flat memory model I believe.

    lc

    kishore wrote:
    > Hello every body,
    >
    > When I was reading vxworks programmer's guide 6.3, I came across
    > regarding process and task in vxworks.
    >
    > Before vxworks 6.0 we did not talk regarding process and task
    > explicitly, and also we did not talk regarding the user level and
    > kernel level, but from vxworks 6.0, in every document he is specifying
    > the process and task and also talking about user level and kernel
    > level.
    >
    > do we have these variations from the new version of vxworks ?
    >
    > Do they also exists in older versions of vxworks ?
    >
    > Kindly clarify the things.

  3. Re: vxworks process and task

    RTP is one of the most differences between 5.x and 6.x...
    Personally, that make VxWorks more like a Linux one... app state,
    kernel state... The diff is whether/when/where the system call blocked
    in the kernel state.

    ---
    Jeanwelly

    LarryC 写道:

    > Those are new concepts for vxWorks 6.x. RTP (real-time processes) are
    > described in
    > http://www.windriver.com/whitepapers...xworks6_wp.pdf. Section
    > 3 contrasts it with the existing flat memory model I believe.
    >
    > lc
    >

    > kishore wrote:
    > > Hello every body,
    > >
    > > When I was reading vxworks programmer's guide 6.3, I came across
    > > regarding process and task in vxworks.
    > >
    > > Before vxworks 6.0 we did not talk regarding process and task
    > > explicitly, and also we did not talk regarding the user level and
    > > kernel level, but from vxworks 6.0, in every document he is specifying
    > > the process and task and also talking about user level and kernel
    > > level.
    > >
    > > do we have these variations from the new version of vxworks ?
    > >
    > > Do they also exists in older versions of vxworks ?
    > >
    > > Kindly clarify the things.

+ Reply to Thread