configuring my function as serial port ISR - VxWorks

This is a discussion on configuring my function as serial port ISR - VxWorks ; Hi, I am using Serial port driver given with vxworks and how can I want to configure my function as isr of serial port device thanx sai kumar...

  1. configuring my function as serial port ISR

    Hi,
    I am using Serial port driver given with vxworks and how can I
    want to configure my function as isr of serial port device

    thanx
    sai kumar

  2. Re: configuring my function as serial port ISR

    Sai:

    The serial port driver for vxworks are mean to be used as application
    level drivers. You'd be better served using application level calls to
    read your data. That is, a read with a select statement that will let
    you know when your data has arrived. That will allow vxworks to handle
    the synchonication between it's ISR and the select mechanisms.

    The vxworks mechanism for attaching an ISR to a given interrupt is
    intConnect or pciIntConnect for chained pci interrupts. sysPciShow will
    show you the IRQ to use if the serial port is a pci device.

    Good luck,
    lc
    reddy.saikumar@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am using Serial port driver given with vxworks and how can I
    > want to configure my function as isr of serial port device
    >
    > thanx
    > sai kumar

+ Reply to Thread