Programmatically launch batch file - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Programmatically launch batch file - VxWorks ; I am fairly new to vxWorks. I'm using Tornado 2.2. I've written a decision making application that runs at boot and the last thing it is to do is run a batch file we've created. I can run this batch ...

  1. Programmatically launch batch file

    I am fairly new to vxWorks. I'm using Tornado 2.2. I've written a
    decision making application that runs at boot and the last thing it is
    to do is run a batch file we've created. I can run this batch file by
    typing at the command prompt:
    I've been scouring the vxWorks reference manual I have and I cannot
    find a way to launch this batch file from my code. It says the ansi
    function "system" isn't supported, is there a way to do what I'm trying
    to do?

  2. Re: Programmatically launch batch file

    Try

    execute ("
    This will start up a non-interactive shell to run your script. Note
    the shell runs at a very high priority (1 by default), which may or may
    not be what you want in your code.

    lc

    Fangorn wrote:
    > I am fairly new to vxWorks. I'm using Tornado 2.2. I've written a
    > decision making application that runs at boot and the last thing it is
    > to do is run a batch file we've created. I can run this batch file by
    > typing at the command prompt: >
    > I've been scouring the vxWorks reference manual I have and I cannot
    > find a way to launch this batch file from my code. It says the ansi
    > function "system" isn't supported, is there a way to do what I'm trying
    > to do?

+ Reply to Thread