ppp connect retries - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ppp connect retries - VxWorks ; Is there a way to set the ppplib options so that it will never time out? I want my task to wait indefinatly until the other end of the ppp link connects. Also if a connection is made and then ...

  1. ppp connect retries

    Is there a way to set the ppplib options so that it will never time
    out? I want my task to wait indefinatly until the other end of the ppp
    link connects. Also if a connection is made and then broken I want it
    to wait indefinatly for a reconnect as well.

  2. Re: ppp connect retries

    "dpanseri@gmail.com" wrote:

    > Is there a way to set the ppplib options so that it will never time
    > out? I want my task to wait indefinatly until the other end of the ppp
    > link connects. Also if a connection is made and then broken I want it
    > to wait indefinatly for a reconnect as well.

    simple thing to do: put the ppp function (whatever it is called) in a
    forever-loop. When it times out just call it again...

    David

+ Reply to Thread