problem with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin - VxWorks

This is a discussion on problem with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin - VxWorks ; colleague, I have a question with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin I bulit bootrom, bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin from the same bsp, then writing bootrom into flash,the board runs good. but if I write flash with bootrom.hex or bootrom.bin ,rominit can not excute, ...

  1. problem with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin

    colleague,

    I have a question with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin

    I bulit bootrom, bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin from the same
    bsp, then writing bootrom
    into flash,the board runs good. but if I write flash with bootrom.hex
    or bootrom.bin ,rominit
    can not excute, it's hang. why?
    please give me a answer!
    best regards,
    zhu

  2. Re: problem with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin

    Hey

    Are the three files binarily identical?

    /Troels

    Iamzht97@msn.com wrote:
    > colleague,
    >
    > I have a question with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin
    >
    > I bulit bootrom, bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin from the same
    > bsp, then writing bootrom
    > into flash,the board runs good. but if I write flash with bootrom.hex
    > or bootrom.bin ,rominit
    > can not excute, it's hang. why?
    > please give me a answer!
    > best regards,
    > zhu

  3. Re: problem with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin

    hellow
    when they are all load into data buffer by programming tool , the
    binary of bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin is identical, but they have not
    these datas of bootrom which local from 0x0 to 0x60,remaining datas is
    identical .
    Troels Jensen 写道:

    > Hey
    >
    > Are the three files binarily identical?
    >
    > /Troels
    >
    > Iamzht97@msn.com wrote:
    > > colleague,
    > >
    > > I have a question with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin
    > >
    > > I bulit bootrom, bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin from the same
    > > bsp, then writing bootrom
    > > into flash,the board runs good. but if I write flash with bootrom.hex
    > > or bootrom.bin ,rominit
    > > can not excute, it's hang. why?
    > > please give me a answer!
    > > best regards,
    > > zhu

  4. Re: problem with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin

    problem has been solved. when I load bootrom into flash, I should set
    the offset value 100. thanks all

    Iamzht97@msn.com 写道:

    > hellow
    > when they are all load into data buffer by programming tool , the
    > binary of bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin is identical, but they have not
    > these datas of bootrom which local from 0x0 to 0x60,remaining datas is
    > identical .
    > Troels Jensen 写道:
    >
    > > Hey
    > >
    > > Are the three files binarily identical?
    > >
    > > /Troels
    > >
    > > Iamzht97@msn.com wrote:
    > > > colleague,
    > > >
    > > > I have a question with bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin
    > > >
    > > > I bulit bootrom, bootrom.hex and bootrom.bin from the same
    > > > bsp, then writing bootrom
    > > > into flash,the board runs good. but if I write flash with bootrom.hex
    > > > or bootrom.bin ,rominit
    > > > can not excute, it's hang. why?
    > > > please give me a answer!
    > > > best regards,