How to use sysOutByte? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to use sysOutByte? - VxWorks ; Hi again I've decided to put my question a little simpler: How do I get to use sysOutByte() for a Pentium target? Do i need to do anything special in terms of - Kernel configuration - External declarations of sysOutByte() ...

  1. How to use sysOutByte?

    Hi again

    I've decided to put my question a little simpler: How do I get to use
    sysOutByte() for a Pentium target?

    Do i need to do anything special in terms of

    - Kernel configuration
    - External declarations of sysOutByte()
    - Anything?

    Help, and in particular source code examples are greatly appreciated.

    Best,
    Troels

  2. Re: How to use sysOutByte?

    Hi Troels:

    Assuming you built your kernel for a Pentium target with correct BSP
    for your target board, and you compiled with the CPU=Pentium4 flag, you
    should only need to include sysLib.h to get access to the sysOutByte.
    If a routine starts with "sys", it is BSP-specific and is in either
    sysLib.c or sysAlib.s (assembler versions of low level routines).

    I assume you only need to do an "out" instruction to access your port?
    sysOutByte is certainly the "correct" way to do it.

    Something like

    char dat = 0x25;
    int port=0x300

    _WRS_ASM ("out" : port "," value);

    might also work. You might have to play with the out instruction systax
    to get the order correct. I'm vague on x86 stuff.

    Good luck,

    LC

    PS: You had an early post on a ton of missing symbols? IMPORT or
    something like that? Looked like you were missing a .h or something.

    Troels Jensen wrote:
    > Hi again
    >
    > I've decided to put my question a little simpler: How do I get to use
    > sysOutByte() for a Pentium target?
    >
    > Do i need to do anything special in terms of
    >
    > - Kernel configuration
    > - External declarations of sysOutByte()
    > - Anything?
    >
    > Help, and in particular source code examples are greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Best,
    > Troels

+ Reply to Thread