question for file download - VxWorks

This is a discussion on question for file download - VxWorks ; Hey,everybody, Here,I have a question for file downloaded. My environment is vxwork 5.5.1 based on MPC 8260. My work has two downloadable project, such as prject 1 and project 2 which has invoked some routines in project 1. Now, at ...

  1. question for file download

    Hey,everybody,

    Here,I have a question for file downloaded. My environment is vxwork
    5.5.1 based on MPC 8260.
    My work has two downloadable project, such as prject 1 and project 2
    which has invoked some routines in project 1.
    Now, at first I download project2.out, then download project1.out.
    After that, I lanched debugger,and run project1.out. When I run
    project2.out, it crash with the errno 0x30065.

    My question is what has the vxworks done when a file downloaded into
    the
    target machine? How does it deal with the symbal table?
    I am very appreciate for your answers. Thx

  2. Re: question for file download

    Hi:

    It's not clear how your are downloading (via Tornado?), but the symbols
    are resolved by the target loader "ld" when you load each module. In
    your case, if Proj 2 calls functions in Proj 1, you should load Proj 1
    first, the Proj 2. Not sure what errno 0x30065 is - try printErrno
    0x30065 in the shell and see what you get. Running without the
    debugger, you'd normall jump down to 0 if you try to run code with
    unresolved symbols.

    Good luck,
    lc

    Tornado maintains a host symbol table also when you load via it's
    tools, and this can be synchronized with the target if you specify that
    option when building vxWorks.
    cxz@hy-mobile.com wrote:
    > Hey,everybody,
    >
    > Here,I have a question for file downloaded. My environment is vxwork
    > 5.5.1 based on MPC 8260.
    > My work has two downloadable project, such as prject 1 and project 2
    > which has invoked some routines in project 1.
    > Now, at first I download project2.out, then download project1.out.
    > After that, I lanched debugger,and run project1.out. When I run
    > project2.out, it crash with the errno 0x30065.
    >
    > My question is what has the vxworks done when a file downloaded into
    > the
    > target machine? How does it deal with the symbal table?
    > I am very appreciate for your answers. Thx

  3. Re: question for file download

    cxz@hy-mobile.com wrote:
    > Hey,everybody,
    >
    > Here,I have a question for file downloaded. My environment is vxwork
    > 5.5.1 based on MPC 8260.
    > My work has two downloadable project, such as prject 1 and project 2
    > which has invoked some routines in project 1.
    > Now, at first I download project2.out, then download project1.out.
    > After that, I lanched debugger,and run project1.out. When I run
    > project2.out, it crash with the errno 0x30065.
    >
    > My question is what has the vxworks done when a file downloaded into
    > the
    > target machine? How does it deal with the symbal table?
    > I am very appreciate for your answers. Thx

  4. Re: question for file download

    Errno 0x30065 means S_taskLib_NAME_NOT_FOUND.

+ Reply to Thread