DosFs - VxWorks

This is a discussion on DosFs - VxWorks ; Hi again, I'm using DosFs FileSystem, and i want to activate the case sensitive, this make max filename longth equal to 40 character, i'm imlpementing an hdd catalog with max length filename = 128 characters so if iwant to use ...

  1. DosFs

    Hi again,
    I'm using DosFs FileSystem, and i want to activate the case sensitive, this
    make max filename longth equal to 40 character, i'm imlpementing an hdd
    catalog with max length filename = 128 characters so if iwant to use the
    caseSensitive it wont works with finames wich exceeds 40 character! well, is
    there any way to use the case sensitive with filenames < 128 characters ?
    btw, does any one heard about porting JournalisedFS/Ext2/Ext3 to vxworks ?

    Regards.

  2. Re: DosFs

    Hi:

    What are you currently using for parameters to dosFsVolFormat? When
    asking for mixed case, I belive it's a WRS specific implementation of
    the length. I can check the code for it on Monday.

    RE the new FSs, 4-5 years ago we bought a high-performance FS that
    included a journaling FS, CIFS, NFS, and some other stuff. The company
    as eventually purchased by EMC, and they don't sell it directly
    anymore. There is also JFFS, which is strictly a replacement for TFFS,
    that's more reliable during crashes, unexpected powredowns, etc.

    Good luck,
    lc
    void wrote:
    > Hi again,
    > I'm using DosFs FileSystem, and i want to activate the case sensitive, this
    > make max filename longth equal to 40 character, i'm imlpementing an hdd
    > catalog with max length filename = 128 characters so if iwant to use the
    > caseSensitive it wont works with finames wich exceeds 40 character! well, is
    > there any way to use the case sensitive with filenames < 128 characters ?
    > btw, does any one heard about porting JournalisedFS/Ext2/Ext3 to vxworks ?
    >
    > Regards.

+ Reply to Thread