Realtek network driver - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Realtek network driver - VxWorks ; Hello, I've dowloaded and installed the realtek 8139 network driver for vxworks. I'm using Vxworks 5.2 and Tornado 2.0... It's works fine, after some adjustment, but it is very slow during the start up of the system. I wasn't able ...

  1. Realtek network driver

    Hello, I've dowloaded and installed the realtek 8139 network driver for
    vxworks.
    I'm using Vxworks 5.2 and Tornado 2.0...
    It's works fine, after some adjustment, but it is very slow during the start
    up of
    the system. I wasn't able to figure out why it so slow...
    Every one has used such driver and can explain how to resolve such trouble
    ???

    Thank to all
    brix

  2. Re: Realtek network driver

    It may be taking time doing auto-negotiation.

    --

    Regards,

    Graham Baxter
    Graham Baxter (Software) Limited
    http://www.gbsw.co.uk
    fromnewsgrp@NOSPAMgbsw.co.uk

    "brix" wrote in message
    > Hello, I've dowloaded and installed the realtek 8139 network driver for
    > vxworks.
    > I'm using Vxworks 5.2 and Tornado 2.0...
    > It's works fine, after some adjustment, but it is very slow during the
    > start
    > up of
    > the system. I wasn't able to figure out why it so slow...
    > Every one has used such driver and can explain how to resolve such trouble
    > ???
    >
    > Thank to all
    > brix

  3. Re: Realtek network driver

    It's do not seems an autoneg problem...
    I've try on an ADVANTECH ETX board with a 300MHz GEODE and the
    start up time is reasonable, whilst with an ARBOR ETX Celeron 400MHz CPU
    start up is very slow.... I've try to disable the autoneg but start up time
    is not
    changed...
    Both ETX will use same realtek chip (RTL8139, PCI ID=10EC), the only
    (apparent) difference is the order on PCI BUS, its 4 for GEODE and 13
    for Celeron...
    Thank You
    Brix

    "Graham Baxter" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > It may be taking time doing auto-negotiation.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards,
    >

    > Graham Baxter
    > Graham Baxter (Software) Limited
    > http://www.gbsw.co.uk
    > fromnewsgrp@NOSPAMgbsw.co.uk
    >

    > "brix" wrote in message
    > > Hello, I've dowloaded and installed the realtek 8139 network driver for
    > > vxworks.
    > > I'm using Vxworks 5.2 and Tornado 2.0...
    > > It's works fine, after some adjustment, but it is very slow during the
    > > start
    > > up of
    > > the system. I wasn't able to figure out why it so slow...
    > > Every one has used such driver and can explain how to resolve such

    trouble
    > > ???
    > >
    > > Thank to all
    > > brix