Changing priority of tSpyTask - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Changing priority of tSpyTask - VxWorks ; Hi, Is it possible to change the priority of tSpyTask. Because I want to measure the CPU usage of a task which runs at priority default is using 81, so I can not use it for this purpose. Is there ...

  1. Changing priority of tSpyTask

    Hi,

    Is it possible to change the priority of tSpyTask. Because I want to
    measure the CPU usage of a task which runs at priority < 25, but spy by
    default is using 81, so I can not use it for this purpose. Is there any
    other utility for measuring CPU usage.

    Thanks in advance
    Rahul

  2. Re: Changing priority of tSpyTask

    There ist a tool called "RTI-Profilescope". You can measure runtime of task
    and even functions with it. But you have to pay extra money for it. :-/

    You could just try to change the priority of the spyTask in Tornado-shell ->
    taskPrioritySet tSpyTask, 20

    Or, you could add a "taskSwitchHook" to your system. This is a function
    which gets called by vxWorks every time a taskSwitch occures. So you are
    able to measure the runtime of each task directy in your application.

    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread