VxWorks Page Fault Error!! - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks Page Fault Error!! - VxWorks ; Sir, We are trying to write a new device driver for serial port on vxworks. We are adding an application task also with the driver to test it. When we are trying to boot an image from floppy and run ...

  1. VxWorks Page Fault Error!!

    Sir,

    We are trying to write a new device driver for serial port on vxworks.

    We are adding an application task also with the driver to test it.

    When we are trying to boot an image from floppy and run a vxworks

    application with the a new serial driver we get the following error on

    invoking the root task..

    Page Fault

    Page Dir Base: 0x007f4000
    ESp0 0x007fd7f4: 0x007fd900, 0x00000028,0x00000000,0x00000000

    Error Code: ox00000002
    Page Fault Addr: 0x017f8ae0

    Please help us in finding out what is the erorr and rectifying it.

    shoukath

  2. Re: VxWorks Page Fault Error!!

    Mind telling us whats behind the "....." in your output?
    Which Cpu?
    Which task?

    Page fault basically means, that your code is accessing a region of memory
    that it should not. Eg. "outside/above" of the actual memory...

    Attach with the debugger to the task causing the pagefault, and you will get
    the location in code where the problem occures - if you are lucky ;-)

    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread