fopen error code - VxWorks

This is a discussion on fopen error code - VxWorks ; Hello colleagues, I have a problem on vxworks when executing the command fopen. Following error code is printed on the console: ERROR: fopen failed - errno = 0x300002 Does someone now what this error means? The error happend after a ...

  1. fopen error code

    Hello colleagues,
    I have a problem on vxworks when executing the command fopen. Following
    error code is printed on the console:
    ERROR: fopen failed - errno = 0x300002

    Does someone now what this error means?
    The error happend after a long time of running fine. I was wondering,
    if it might have something to do with resources (FD or so). There is
    still enough disk space, though.

    Thanks a lot
    Urs

  2. Re: fopen error code

    Hi Urs!

    Try "printErrno 0x300002" in Tornado-Shell. This should tell you what the
    error means.
    Havn't got target running, because I'm already at home, but few things you
    also could check (out of memory - ev. a bit misspelled

    -> iosFdShow
    Should tell you all currently used fd's
    -> maxFiles
    global variable with max-fd's possible

    In project-configuration you can change max. no of simultanesly open files.
    There is one for the actual fd's (files, sockets, ...), and another one for
    the actual "real"-files from DosFs.
    NUM_FILES and NUM_DOS_FILES I think.

    Maybe you need to increase the values there.

    Hope this helps,
    bye,
    Thomas

    "Urs" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1148309117.412877.193420@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello colleagues,
    > I have a problem on vxworks when executing the command fopen. Following
    > error code is printed on the console:
    > ERROR: fopen failed - errno = 0x300002
    >
    > Does someone now what this error means?
    > The error happend after a long time of running fine. I was wondering,
    > if it might have something to do with resources (FD or so). There is
    > still enough disk space, though.
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    > Urs

  3. Re: fopen error code

    Hi Thomas,
    Thanks a lot for your answer!

    I ran the commands and got the following information:

    printErrno 0x300002 --> S_nfsLib_NFSERR_NOENT.
    iosFdShow --> lists about 60 sockets, 4 pipes, 2 telnet.
    maxFiles --> 200
    NUM_FILES is set to 200.
    NUM_DOSFS_FILES is set to 50.
    moduleShow has 40 entries.

    I am not sure, if iosFdShow really shows all open FDs or if DOSFS files
    are not shown.
    If they are not shown, is there a possibility to query these used FDs
    as well?

    Thanks
    Urs

  4. Re: fopen error code

    Now I'm a bit unsure... The file you want to open is located on an
    NFS-server? Correct?
    If so, DOSFS is not involved anyway. But iosFdShow would also print the
    files from DOSFS.

    According to iosFdShow, it seems that you did not run out of file-handles...

    There a some network-buffers that you might want do check, if using NFS. We
    had to increase them once, because FTP-transfers did stall.

    You could try some network show-Routines like: inetstatShow, tcpstatShow,
    ipstatShow, mbufShow, netPoolShow ... especially look for "number of times
    failed to find space" - this should be 0.
    If you have problems here, try to increase the network pools.

    bye,
    Thomas

  5. Re: fopen error code

    FILE *fopen(const char *filename, const char *mode);

    ENOENT A component of filename does not name an existing file
    or filename is an empty string.

    What is the value you are passing for "filename"? Is this a path+name?
    Does this file exist?

+ Reply to Thread