How do i get temporary licence for evaluation version of VxWorks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How do i get temporary licence for evaluation version of VxWorks - VxWorks ; Hi, all I am new for RTOS. for the learnig pupose i have download evaluation version of VxWorks from www.windriver.com . i got a file as soon as i download code. In that file i have licence code that is ...

  1. How do i get temporary licence for evaluation version of VxWorks

    Hi, all

    I am new for RTOS. for the learnig pupose i have download evaluation
    version of VxWorks from www.windriver.com. i got a file as soon as i
    download code. In that file i have licence code that is needed to
    install VxWorks on my PC. after few step of installation, installation
    wizard ask me. web proxy and soct proxy --> IP address and port number.
    i have insert my IP add and port is 8080. but it shows error.

    what should i write in those field to get connected with windriver
    company to get temporary lincense.

    Please help me

    regards
    vasadia dharmendra
    09898455770

  2. Re: How do i get temporary licence for evaluation version of VxWorks

    It sounds like you are trying to set up a shareable network license.
    They should have sent you a license file that you can just point to -
    ie save the file on your host and tell the install where you put the
    file.

    The other kind of license required a FlexLM server setup. During the
    install, you set the ip address of the license server and the port no
    that it is listening on.

    It's not clear of you have the license file already or not. It may
    just be asking for a web proxy server address and port to connect with
    WRS to send them an email. If you are on a proxy server (to get
    internet connection), fill in those values (same as what you have set
    in IE for your browser). Otherwise, they should not be necessary.

    WRS tech support email is probably the quickest way to get up and
    running.

    Good luck
    lc

+ Reply to Thread