making symFindByValue( sysSymTbl ,....) on host - VxWorks

This is a discussion on making symFindByValue( sysSymTbl ,....) on host - VxWorks ; Hi *, I would like to make a symFindByValue( sysSymTbl,...) On the host ... I mean I have a function value and instead of resolving it's name on the target I would like to do it on the PC (host). ...

  1. making symFindByValue( sysSymTbl ,....) on host

    Hi *,
    I would like to make a
    symFindByValue( sysSymTbl,...)
    On the host ... I mean I have a function value and instead of resolving
    it's name on the target I would like
    to do it on the PC (host). The idea is to use the symTbl.o or symTbl.c and
    to to calculate the adresse where the
    function will be after relocation. I think there should be
    a way to do this as memscope does it using the kernel
    objects on the host
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: making symFindByValue( sysSymTbl ,....) on host

    PatrickC wrote:
    > Hi *,
    > I would like to make a
    > symFindByValue( sysSymTbl,...)
    > On the host ... I mean I have a function value and instead of resolving
    > it's name on the target I would like
    > to do it on the PC (host). The idea is to use the symTbl.o or symTbl.c and
    > to to calculate the adresse where the
    > function will be after relocation. I think there should be
    > a way to do this as memscope does it using the kernel
    > objects on the host
    > Thanks in advance.

    Hello,

    Check the function symFindByCName()

    Below an example of using it:

    char * func = NULL;
    SYM_TYPE funcType;

    if (((symFindByCName (sysSymTbl, "", &func,
    &funcType) != ERROR)) && (func != NULL))
    {
    (*func)();
    }

    HTH,