Unable to set device to promiscuous mode - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Unable to set device to promiscuous mode - VxWorks ; Hi all, Need anyones help/ideas on this. i used muxBind function to bind to a specfic interface and use MUX_PROTO_SNARF as protocol type. i then get and set the interface into promiscuous mode: -------------------------------------------------------------------------- unsigned int flags = 0; ret ...

  1. Unable to set device to promiscuous mode

    Hi all,

    Need anyones help/ideas on this.
    i used muxBind function to bind to a specfic interface and use
    MUX_PROTO_SNARF as protocol type.
    i then get and set the interface into promiscuous mode:
    unsigned int flags = 0;
    ret = muxIoctl(muxBindCookie, EIOCGFLAGS, (caddr_t)&flags);
    if (ret == ERROR) {
    // return
    }

    flags |= IFF_PROMISC;

    muxIoctl(muxBindCookie, EIOCSFLAGS, (caddr_t)flags);

    i used ifShow to check if interface is in promiscuous mode and it
    showed that it is.
    even though it is in promiscuous mode, its as if that it isnt.
    The only problem is my muxReceiveRoutine cant see all the packets like
    packets not bounded for my device.

    Please help!

    Thanks,
    Roy

  2. Re: Unable to set device to promiscuous mode

    I'd guess that the network port you are using is connected to a switch,
    if all you are seeing is packets that are addressed to your ethernet
    address or broadcast to all.

    Good luck,
    lc

+ Reply to Thread