trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp) - VxWorks

This is a discussion on trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp) - VxWorks ; Hello Everyone, Can anybody please help me what this means? Exception number 1792: Task: 0x1d2afc60 (tUsbRcvTask) illegal instruction program program counter: 0x16b4c machine status: 0x8b032 trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp) ffffffff _vt$23WLS_BufferedInputStream+fc33976f: () Thank you for your help ...

  1. trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp)

    Hello Everyone,

    Can anybody please help me what this means?

    Exception number 1792: Task: 0x1d2afc60 (tUsbRcvTask)

    illegal instruction program
    program counter: 0x16b4c
    machine status: 0x8b032
    trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp)
    ffffffff _vt$23WLS_BufferedInputStream+fc33976f: ()

    Thank you for your help in advance.

    Regards,
    Joey

  2. Re: trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp)

    Hi:

    Maybe a stack overflow. Try a checkStack after it happends and a tt
    "tUsbRcvTask" to see if you can get a stack trace.

    Might be totally unrelated to the usb task listed.

    Good luck,

    lc
    PS: What this on a PPC?

  3. Re: trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp)

    Hi:

    Maybe a stack overflow. Try a checkStack after it happends and a tt
    "tUsbRcvTask" to see if you can get a stack trace.

    Might be totally unrelated to the usb task listed.

    Good luck,

    lc
    PS: What this on a PPC?

  4. Re: trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp)

    Hi:

    Maybe a stack overflow. Try a checkStack after it happends and a tt
    "tUsbRcvTask" to see if you can get a stack trace.

    Might be totally unrelated to the usb task listed.

    Good luck,

    lc
    PS: What this on a PPC?

  5. Re: trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp)

    Hi LarryC,

    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, it's on a PPC.

    I tried a checkStack,

    -> checkStack tUsbRcvTask
    NAME ENTRY TID SIZE CUR HIGH MARGIN
    ------------ ------------ -------- ----- ----- ----- ------
    tUsbRcvTask UsbRecieveTa 1d2d5470 4720 -41319424 496 4224

    I wonder why CUR is negative.

    Any hints?

    thank you.

    joey

  6. Re: trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp)

    I guess its treating an unsigned as a signed number for printing. It's
    way too big, but I guess this is after the error.

    The task it says it's dieing on is part of a driver - ie it's not your
    code?

    You're going to have to figure out where in your code it's dieing -
    with the debugger, printfss, or logMsgs.

    Good luck
    lc

  7. Re: trcStack aborted: error in top frame (sp)

    It definitely was a stack overflow problem, though it was not on the
    "tUsbRcvTask".

    it was on another task "tExQc2" whose stack size is ONLY 2048bytes
    but, it's maximum usage reached 3392bytes.

    BEFORE (tExQc2 stack size is set to 2048)
    ----

    -> checkStack
    NAME ENTRY TID SIZE CUR HIGH MARGIN
    tUsbRcvTask UsbRecieveTa 1d2d5470 4720 -41319424 496 4224
    tExQc2 RasterizerGr 1fa3d830 1760 272 1760 0

    AFTER (tExQc2 stack size is set to 4096)

    -> checkStack tExQc2
    NAME ENTRY TID SIZE CUR HIGH MARGIN
    tExQc2 RasterizerGr 1fa3d6b0 3808 576 3392 416

    ---
    Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

    joey

+ Reply to Thread