How to list memory allocation details & stating address of segments. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to list memory allocation details & stating address of segments. - VxWorks ; Hai everybody, 1) I would like to know vxworks memory allocation details. For example in Linux , if you type "cat /proc/iomem " in prompt that will list out memory allocation details for each device. Is there any function in ...

  1. How to list memory allocation details & stating address of segments.

    Hai everybody,

    1) I would like to know vxworks memory allocation details. For
    example in Linux , if you type
    "cat /proc/iomem " in prompt that will list out memory allocation
    details for each device.
    Is there any function in vxworks to know such details.

    2) How to identify starting address of text segment,data segment,bss
    segment in vxworks?

    Thanks,
    Raja.

  2. Re: How to list memory allocation details & stating address of segments.

    Try moduleShow from modLib...
    This routine displays a list of the currently loaded modules and some
    information about where the modules are loaded.

    The specific information displayed depends on the format of the object
    modules. In the case of a.out and ECOFF object modules, moduleShow( )
    displays the start of the text, data, and BSS segments.

    If moduleShow( ) is called with no arguments, a summary list of all
    loaded modules is displayed. It can also be called with an argument,
    moduleNameOrId, which can be either the name of a loaded module or a
    module ID. If it is called with either of these, more information about
    the specified module will be displayed.

    lc

  3. Re: How to list memory allocation details & stating address of segments.

    On 22 Apr 2006, mraja@datapatterns.co.in wrote:

    > 1) I would like to know vxworks memory allocation details. For
    > example in Linux , if you type "cat /proc/iomem " in prompt that
    > will list out memory allocation details for each device. Is there
    > any function in vxworks to know such details.

    Look for sysPhysMemDesc. Try google with this word; especially c.o.v.

    --
    Keep an open mind. But not so open your brains fall out. - Kallis'
    Law

    vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

+ Reply to Thread