Why my target cannot connect to host through a HUB? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Why my target cannot connect to host through a HUB? - VxWorks ; Hello, 1. My target can load and run vxworks Image from Host with FTP, But it cannot connect the Host through a Hub. 2. When the target connecting a 3com netcard, the transfer speed is very quick. But if connecting ...

  1. Why my target cannot connect to host through a HUB?

    Hello,

    1.
    My target can load and run vxworks Image from Host with FTP,
    But it cannot connect the Host through a Hub.

    2.
    When the target connecting a 3com netcard, the transfer speed is very
    quick.
    But if connecting else netcard, the speed is very low.

    I do not know why? Anyone can help me?

    Thanks & Regards,
    Norman

  2. Re: Why my target cannot connect to host through a HUB?

    Hi:

    It's not real clear what you are asking, but if you are saying that you
    cannot connect (at all ftp, telnet, ping,etc) when the hub is in the
    middle, it sounds like the ethernet hub may not be able to make the
    connection to the target at the correct speed. Verify that if you have
    the target board doing autonegotiation to 10/100 speed ethernet that
    the hub is capable of negotiation. If not, then try to set the target
    board to 10BaseT. They hub should be able to do that at least.

    Not sure what's up with your host's card - may also be an ethernet
    speed negotiation issue.

    The last time I had that kind of problem, I changed the ethernet driver
    to look at one of the user_defined fields in the bootFlags to determine
    if it should fix the ethernet speed or negotiate it.

    Also, try to use a hub that has lights that indicate speed settings.

    Good luck,
    lc

+ Reply to Thread