workbench very "buggy" and slow - VxWorks

This is a discussion on workbench very "buggy" and slow - VxWorks ; I have been using Workbench for about 4 months and sometimes find it very buggy and slow. I know it takes awhile to get used to a new IDE. Tornado seemed to be very stable and fast. Has anyone experienced ...

  1. workbench very "buggy" and slow

    I have been using Workbench for about 4 months and sometimes find it very
    buggy and slow. I know it takes awhile to get used to a new IDE. Tornado
    seemed to be very stable and fast. Has anyone experienced dissatisfaction
    with workbench??? Just curious.

    JH

  2. Re: workbench very "buggy" and slow

    Just curious - are you on a PC or Solaris?
    lc

  3. Re: workbench very "buggy" and slow

    "John Harvilla" wrote:

    >I have been using Workbench for about 4 months and sometimes find it very
    >buggy and slow. I know it takes awhile to get used to a new IDE. Tornado
    >seemed to be very stable and fast. Has anyone experienced dissatisfaction
    >with workbench??? Just curious.
    >
    >JH

    Which version?

  4. Re: workbench very "buggy" and slow

    "LarryC" wrote in message
    news:1145573225.708836.112230@i40g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Just curious - are you on a PC or Solaris?
    > lc

    I am running Solaris 8 with 1 gig of memory. Should be quite sufficient

  5. Re: workbench very "buggy" and slow

    wrote in message
    > "John Harvilla" wrote:
    >
    >>I have been using Workbench for about 4 months and sometimes find it very
    >>buggy and slow. I know it takes awhile to get used to a new IDE. Tornado
    >>seemed to be very stable and fast. Has anyone experienced dissatisfaction
    >>with workbench??? Just curious.
    >>
    >>JH
    >>

    > Which version?

    I have just upgraded to wb 2.4, vxWorks 6.2. I think this is the latest.

  6. Re: workbench very "buggy" and slow

    i upgraded to workbench 2.4 vxworks 6.2 one month ago from wb2.3
    vxworks 6.1 on winxp. fast if no virus scanning software. hecka slow
    with antivrus on.

  7. Re: workbench very "buggy" and slow

    John Harvilla wrote:

    > I have been using Workbench for about 4 months and sometimes find it very
    > buggy and slow. I know it takes awhile to get used to a new IDE. Tornado
    > seemed to be very stable and fast. Has anyone experienced dissatisfaction
    > with workbench??? Just curious.
    >
    > JH

    Welcome to the Club In our Company me and 2 Colleagues used vxWorks 6.1
    with its Workbench 2.3 first. Both under Win2K and Linux Hosts. We found
    several strange behaviours, for example a big WindWiev File (10 MByte)
    could not be opened. After selecting "open" on the File simply nothing
    happened (under Linux).

    Some behaviour might depend on the host environment as well, but also sudden
    crashes appeared.

    Workbench 2.4 seems more stable to me.

    --
    Exception 0xe in reality.dll - universe halted
    Thomas S.

+ Reply to Thread