How can an END driver receive ipv6 packets? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How can an END driver receive ipv6 packets? - VxWorks ; Hi,everybody! I've been trying to port an ipv6 protocol stack onto VxWorks. I tried to find out if END driver support ipv6 in my own way as following. But it did not work. So how can END driver receive ipv6 ...

  1. How can an END driver receive ipv6 packets?

    Hi,everybody!
    I've been trying to port an ipv6 protocol stack onto VxWorks. I tried
    to find out if END driver support ipv6 in my own way as following. But
    it did not work. So how can END driver receive ipv6 packets? Any hints
    or suggestions are expected! thanks in advance!

    my way of testing that:
    I wrote a stackRcvRtn() {printf("I got an ipv6 packet\n");return 0;}
    I used muxbind(dev,num,stackRcvRtn,...,0x86DD,"myIPv6",NULL) to bind
    it to MUX. (0x86DD is the type value of IPv6 packet in an Ethernet II
    frame.)
    Then I pinged from a PC with WindowsXP's "ping6" instruction.
    I should have seen "I got an ipv6 packet!",if END driver supported
    ipv6.
    Am I right? How can I let END driver receive and pass ipv6 packets?
    Thanks!
    Regards!

  2. Re: How can an END driver receive ipv6 packets?

    I made it to letting END driver receive ipv6 packets. Just changed the
    receive mode of END driver to let it receive any frame!

+ Reply to Thread