using FTP when booting from Flash - VxWorks

This is a discussion on using FTP when booting from Flash - VxWorks ; Hi all, We have configured our board to boot vxworks from flash, but still have an ethernet connection for the application to use. How can I use telnet to copy new items to the FFS? Do I simply need to ...

  1. using FTP when booting from Flash

    Hi all,

    We have configured our board to boot vxworks from flash, but still have
    an ethernet connection for the application to use.

    How can I use telnet to copy new items to the FFS?

    Do I simply need to specify a host inet, user and ftp password in the
    boot parameters?

    Then telnet to the board and simply use the copy command?

    copy "somefile", "/ffs/somefile"

    Any help is appreciated.

  2. Re: using FTP when booting from Flash

    Hi:

    You can telnet to the board or you can use a serial port or Tornado
    shell to do the copying. If your board "exports" the "/tffs" file
    system, you could do it that way also from the host side.

    lc

  3. Re: using FTP when booting from Flash

    Hi:

    You can telnet to the board or you can use a serial port or Tornado
    shell to do the copying. If your board "exports" the "/tffs" file
    system, you could do it that way also from the host side.

    lc

  4. Re: using FTP when booting from Flash

    LarryC wrote:

    >Hi:
    >
    >You can telnet to the board or you can use a serial port or Tornado
    >shell to do the copying. If your board "exports" the "/tffs" file
    >system, you could do it that way also from the host side.

    I like to include a global function named ftpCopy() in my projects
    that can be invoked from the target shell. This function accepts five
    parameters: pSrcFile, pDstPath, pFtpAddr, pUserName, and pPasswd, all
    pointers to character arrays. If the srcFile, ftpAddr, usrName, or
    passwd parameters are NULL they default to the bootline's bootFile,
    host address (had), usr, and passwd fields, respectively.

    ftpCopy() allocates a transfer buffer using malloc(), opens the
    destination file using open(), adds the host using hostAdd(), begins
    the transfer using ftpXfer(), reads and writes buffer size chunks using
    read() and write(), and finishes up using ftpReplyGet(), ftpCommand(QUIT),
    free(), close(), and hostDelete().

    | two, one and one make one."

  5. Re: using FTP when booting from Flash

    What type of CPU applied by you?
    My target' CPU is 440GX, It can load and run vxworks from host FTP.
    But when booting vxworks_rom.bin from FALSH, It will show the mesasge,
    "Failed to attach to END device".
    I do not know why, Could you give me some insight?

    Thanks & Regards,
    Norman

  6. Re: using FTP when booting from Flash

    Specify the name of your ethernet driver in the "other" boot param.
    It's what you used to put as the "boot device" field.
    That'll get your net driver going again.

    lc

+ Reply to Thread