Question:what does task tDcacheUpd do? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Question:what does task tDcacheUpd do? - VxWorks ; After I run My application, I find there is a additional task named tDcacheUpd. could any one tell about the task ? what does it do? Thanks!...

  1. Question:what does task tDcacheUpd do?

    After I run My application, I find there is a additional task named
    tDcacheUpd.
    could any one tell about the task ?
    what does it do?
    Thanks!

  2. Re: Question:what does task tDcacheUpd do?

    As quoted from a previous post by Leonid Rosenboim

    "when there is a mechaical hard disk involved, the role of dcache (i.e.
    disk
    cache)
    is to optimize disk access, reduce the number of times the disk head
    needs
    move, and improve overall performance of the file system.

    When a Flash device is used instead of a hard disk, there is really not
    much
    that disk cache can do to optimize performance, and my opinion is it
    should
    not be used at all in sutations where Flash storage is concerned.

    There is a description of disk cache int he DosFs 2.0 documentation"

  3. Re: Question:what does task tDcacheUpd do?

    Hi:
    Thank you!
    I will read the documentation.
    I use a CF card for storage, so I don't need the disk cache.

+ Reply to Thread