Question:how can I config vxworks target ftp server? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Question:how can I config vxworks target ftp server? - VxWorks ; Hi: I can log in the target ftp server with any user/password after I included the ftp server component from tornado, but can't log in any more after I include the ftp server security component. I wonder if someone could ...

  1. Question:how can I config vxworks target ftp server?

    Hi:
    I can log in the target ftp server with any user/password after I
    included the ftp server component from tornado, but can't log in any
    more after I include the ftp server security component. I wonder if
    someone could tell me how to config the ftp server, so i could log in
    with a specific user and password, and with limited rights.
    Thank you!

  2. Re: Question:how can I config vxworks target ftp server?

    Hi:

    If you turn on security ( ), then you've asked ftpLib to use loginLib
    to verify users. It has it's own user/password validation mechanism,
    or you can add your own for customer features by replacing their login
    validation function.

    LC

    -> loginUserAdd "peter", "RRdRd9Qbyz"
    value = 0 = 0x0
    -> loginUserAdd "robin", "bSzyydqbSb"
    value = 0 = 0x0
    -> loginUserShow

    User Name
    =========
    peter
    robin
    value = 0 = 0x0

  3. Re: Question:how can I config vxworks target ftp server?

    LarryC wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > If you turn on security ( ), then you've asked ftpLib to use loginLib
    > to verify users. It has it's own user/password validation mechanism,
    > or you can add your own for customer features by replacing their login
    > validation function.
    >
    > LC
    >
    > -> loginUserAdd "peter", "RRdRd9Qbyz"
    > value = 0 = 0x0
    > -> loginUserAdd "robin", "bSzyydqbSb"
    > value = 0 = 0x0
    > -> loginUserShow
    >
    > User Name
    > =========
    > peter
    > robin
    > value = 0 = 0x0

    Hi:
    Thank you!
    But how to set the user rights? If everyone login my ftp has the
    rights to delete, it's a disaster.

  4. Re: Question:how can I config vxworks target ftp server?

    Hi:

    I don't think there is a way to use the loginLib to alter "rights" for
    ftp. You can write your own user verify functions using loginLib and
    ftp will use that to verify, but I don't see how you'd return "rights"
    unless you modified both loginLib and ftp. You normally don't get
    source for either of those.

    You may want to consider alternate means of protecing critical files -
    maybe a separate flash partition protected with jumper or locking
    sectors, etc.

    I think most of the protection that FTP affords is provided by the file
    system, not FTP directly. You can try something like (in the shell)

    attrib "iot.dat","+RS"
    [cpu0]->ll
    -r-xr-xrSx 1 0 0 2266407 Jan 1 1980 iot.dat
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 30720000 Apr 18 2006 iot1.dat
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 81920000 Apr 18 2006 iot2.dat

    But that will affect all users. I don't thing the dosFs file system
    supports the definition of ownership that you are looking for. Might
    work if you restrict shell access.

    Good luck,
    lc

  5. Re: Question:how can I config vxworks target ftp server?

    Thank you every much!

+ Reply to Thread