Development Module faster than Deployed - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Development Module faster than Deployed - VxWorks ; Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My application is at a fairly deployable state and I am migrating it to a boot from flash rather than downloading the module from Tornado. Since it is very stable and changes aren't required ...

  1. Development Module faster than Deployed

    My application is at a fairly deployable state and I am migrating it to
    a boot from flash rather than downloading the module from Tornado.
    Since it is very stable and changes aren't required for several weeks.

    However I find that the boot from flash version is much slower and
    somewhat unstable compared to when I download. The unstablity portion
    is that sometimes a few of my tasks show an absolutely huge Delay
    value. In addition network connectivity seems very very slow compared
    to when running through tornado.

    I have tried adjusting the number of sys and data clusters but this
    hasn't helped much.
    when viewing the netStackSysPoolShow and netStackDataPoolShow most
    clusters are usually close to 100% available.

    I'm running a Dy4 182.

    Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Development Module faster than Deployed

    Hi:

    Can you elaborate on "boot from flash". Are you using a flash file
    system with your board like "/tffs"?

    I think reading from flash is about 80KB/sec - probably slower than a
    network load.

    That doesn't account for your other strangeness. Are you using the
    "/tffs" as a read/write device at run-time - that could account for the
    slowness.

    I assume the vxWorks kernel you booted off the net is the same as the
    one you are loading from flash?

    Good luck,
    lc

+ Reply to Thread