Question:How to add some static library files wiht suffix ".lib" to downloadable application? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Question:How to add some static library files wiht suffix ".lib" to downloadable application? - VxWorks ; Hi: I know the vxWorks compiles,assembles,links file with gnu or diab,so the default static library files called archives must be files wiht suffix ".a".But now ,wo want to add files with suffix ".lib". how to get that?I need you help!!...

  1. Question:How to add some static library files wiht suffix ".lib" to downloadable application?

    Hi:
    I know the vxWorks compiles,assembles,links file with gnu or
    diab,so the default static library
    files called archives must be files wiht suffix ".a".But now ,wo want
    to add files with suffix ".lib".
    how to get that?I need you help!!

  2. Re: Question:How to add some static library files wiht suffix ".lib"to downloadable application?

    huangfeihu1@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi:
    > I know the vxWorks compiles,assembles,links file with gnu or
    > diab,so the default static library
    > files called archives must be files wiht suffix ".a".But now ,wo want
    > to add files with suffix ".lib".
    > how to get that?I need you help!!

    The name of the file is less important than its contents.
    To be usable, the file must match the Object Module Format
    of the VxWorks product that you intend to add it to. For
    example, the Tornado 2.2, GNU 2.96+ object file formats are
    all ELF files.

    It's possible that the .lib files that you have were intended
    to be used with Microsoft development systems. They will
    be in the PE-COFF Object Module Format, and not usable as a
    result with Tornado 2.2.

    If you try to read your .lib files with the GNU objcopy
    utility that came with your Wind River distribution, it
    should tell you whether it understands that file format.
    If it doesn't, you're probably not going to be able to use
    the file.

    Here's a document on the ELF format:
    http://www.skyfree.org/linux/references/ELF_Format.pdf

+ Reply to Thread