Can use VxWorks license from one board for VxWorks for a different board ? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Can use VxWorks license from one board for VxWorks for a different board ? - VxWorks ; Hello. I might be able to get a version of Vxworks for one processor along with license code, etc. Can I use that license code on another copy of vxworks or are they specific to each board they support. I ...

  1. Can use VxWorks license from one board for VxWorks for a different board ?

    Hello.
    I might be able to get a version of Vxworks for one processor along with license code, etc.
    Can I use that license code on another copy of vxworks or are they specific to each board they support.
    I am definitely a newbie at this so thanks for answering my uninformed questions !
    JCD

  2. Re: Can use VxWorks license from one board for VxWorks for a different board ?

    The license is for whatever it was originally board for - a particular
    host (ie a PC) and a target (a PowerPC, intel, etc). You can run the
    code on whatver board you want, as long as it has the particular
    processor you setup works for.

    You probably will need a BSP for each board for the driver needed for
    that board that are peculiar to it - vxWorks comes with a lot of
    drivers for common devices, but there are drivers for your particular
    board that you have to get from the vendor.

    Good luck,
    lc

  3. Re: Can use VxWorks license from one board for VxWorks for a different board ?

    "LarryC" wrote in message news:1145156919.811283.204690@t31g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > The license is for whatever it was originally board for - a particular
    > host (ie a PC) and a target (a PowerPC, intel, etc). You can run the
    > code on whatver board you want, as long as it has the particular
    > processor you setup works for.
    >
    > You probably will need a BSP for each board for the driver needed for
    > that board that are peculiar to it - vxWorks comes with a lot of
    > drivers for common devices, but there are drivers for your particular
    > board that you have to get from the vendor.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > lc

    Very helpful !
    Thanks once again !