Can I get backup copy of Vxworks from Windriver ? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Can I get backup copy of Vxworks from Windriver ? - VxWorks ; Hi.. I'm thinking of buying a Ziatech setup with VxWorks preloaded on it, but I'd like to have a copy on CD in case I need to reinstall it. Is there any way to get a backup copy of something ...

  1. Can I get backup copy of Vxworks from Windriver ?

    Hi..
    I'm thinking of buying a Ziatech setup with VxWorks preloaded on it, but I'd like to have a copy on CD in case I need to reinstall
    it.
    Is there any way to get a backup copy of something like that from Windriver if I have some sort of license number to give them ?
    Thanks !

  2. Re: Can I get backup copy of Vxworks from Windriver ?

    Hi:

    You may get a bootrom, and maybe even a bootable kernel. Are you
    getting the tools also - ie Tornado? HW vendors usually provide a
    run-time license that gives you the right to ship a particular product
    with a bootrom and a kernel. That license is pretty cheap.

    A full set of tools can get expensive. If the image is on flash, you
    can just save that off on the network.

    Good luck,
    lc

  3. Re: Can I get backup copy of Vxworks from Windriver ?

    "LarryC" wrote in message news:1145042660.893988.308110@z34g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi:
    >
    > You may get a bootrom, and maybe even a bootable kernel. Are you
    > getting the tools also - ie Tornado? HW vendors usually provide a
    > run-time license that gives you the right to ship a particular product
    > with a bootrom and a kernel. That license is pretty cheap.
    >
    > A full set of tools can get expensive. If the image is on flash, you
    > can just save that off on the network.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > lc

    Hi and thanks!
    No - it's an eBay auction.
    I want to get into RTOS and learn vxworks if I can so I can pursue a couple of jobs.
    Just trying to set myself up with some kind of environment to learn enough to not be "completely green" during an interview.

    Any suggestions are welcome !

  4. Re: Can I get backup copy of Vxworks from Windriver ?

    If you can get into the vxWorks shell, you should be able to build your
    code with a gnu compiler for whatever architecture the board uses.
    You'll need the header files and libraries to link againsts.

    Send me an email with your architecture and I'll see what I have.
    lc

  5. Re: Can I get backup copy of Vxworks from Windriver ?

    "LarryC" wrote in message news:1145156630.526204.228130@i40g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > If you can get into the vxWorks shell, you should be able to build your
    > code with a gnu compiler for whatever architecture the board uses.
    > You'll need the header files and libraries to link againsts.
    >
    > Send me an email with your architecture and I'll see what I have.
    > lc

    Thanks Larry!
    I sent you an email but perhaps it got lost or filtered out - I don't go by "Pogo" in the real world.

    On eBay I bought a VME card with a VxWorks license + password on CD for the card - so I'll see how that goes.

    Do the header files and libraries come with the BSP for the platforms ?

    Thanks !
    JCD

+ Reply to Thread