Vx Works for Coldfire ??? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Vx Works for Coldfire ??? - VxWorks ; Hello, we have a board that uses a Coldfire 5235, a 320 x 240 LCD , USB and CAN Controller. We are trying to rewrite the application using VxWorks, but we are experiencing some difficulties. We want to use the ...

  1. Vx Works for Coldfire ???

    Hello,

    we have a board that uses a Coldfire 5235, a 320 x 240 LCD , USB and
    CAN Controller.
    We are trying to rewrite the application using VxWorks, but we are
    experiencing some difficulties.

    We want to use the Wind Media Library, but, in the Configuration Tool
    provided with,
    I cannot see Coldfire processors.

    Should I do configure it manually, and how?
    Or Wind Media Library ins't compatible with Coldfire family at all?

    In Wind Media Library peripherals, and also in USB support, we see a
    lot of support for PCI preipherals.

    Can I use this tools also woth non-PCI peripherals?

    Thank a lot

    Stefano

  2. Re: Vx Works for Coldfire ???

    Hi Stepfan:

    I think you are referring to WindML, the graphics library for 2D?
    WindML needs a hardware driver for your particular graphics chip. You
    might be able to adapt something from your hardware vendor to use with
    WindML or write it yourself if it is a custom controller for the LCD.

    WindML might support some std pci graphic controllers out of the box,
    like things seen on PC, or on pci mezzanine cards from the major
    vendors like DY4, Radstone, etc.

    Good luck,
    LC

+ Reply to Thread