ppcgdb.exe - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ppcgdb.exe - VxWorks ; Hi, Has anyone see this issue. If you are debugging on a target. If you continue and use break points everything is OK. If you use F10 to step over system calls the ppcgdb.exe crashes? Note this is with tornado ...

  1. ppcgdb.exe

    Hi,

    Has anyone see this issue.

    If you are debugging on a target. If you continue and use break points
    everything is OK. If you use F10 to step over system calls
    the ppcgdb.exe crashes?

    Note this is with tornado 5.5

    thanks in advance.

  2. Re: ppcgdb.exe

    Hi:

    The behavior you are describing is not typical. Afte gdbppc crashes on
    your host, what has happended on the target? Is the wdb task
    suspended? Does the tgtsvr remain in comm with the target - ie can you
    run a shell from tornado, ping on the board, etc?

    Good luck,lc

  3. Re: ppcgdb.exe

    LarryC wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > The behavior you are describing is not typical. Afte gdbppc crashes on
    > your host, what has happended on the target?

    The target stops like just like you stop pressing next in the debugger.
    Is the wdb task
    > suspended?

    I don't think so.

    Does the tgtsvr remain in comm with the target - ie can you
    > run a shell from tornado, ping on the board, etc?

    Yes

    > Good luck,lc

    I can even connect to target again rerun the debugger and attach to the
    target process and continue.

+ Reply to Thread