VME Block Transfer - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VME Block Transfer - VxWorks ; Hi, I'm new to the VME bus and would be grateful if someone could provide some guidance reguarding performing block transfers. I'm using the following hardware CPU : Radstone PPC7A5X - 7457 in slot 3 The board is using the ...

  1. VME Block Transfer

    Hi,

    I'm new to the VME bus and would be grateful if someone could provide
    some guidance reguarding performing block transfers.

    I'm using the following hardware

    CPU : Radstone PPC7A5X - 7457 in slot 3

    The board is using the Newbridge Universe VMEbus Interface. I have
    looked through the VmeUniverse.h header file but can't see any
    interface reguarding block transfers.

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. Re: VME Block Transfer

    I think that board uses the Tundra Universe II pci to vme bridge I
    think. Newbridge might second source it.

    If you to you Radstone target directory (target/config/ppc7a), the
    should be a subdirectory for ESP that has some VME DMA functions and
    examples. If you don't have them, ask Radstone for them.

    The ESP might be a separate BSP item that didn't come with your board.

    Inititiating the DMA transfer should start the block transfer - you
    should be able to get >30MB/second.

    Good luck,
    lc

+ Reply to Thread