FTP User and Password - VxWorks

This is a discussion on FTP User and Password - VxWorks ; Hi, I have a Pentium-based target running VxWorks. It has a disk system (/ata0a) which contains bootimage etc, and also additional files. I need to ftp to this from time to time, to place new files there, or to get ...

  1. FTP User and Password

    Hi,
    I have a Pentium-based target running VxWorks. It has a disk system (/ata0a)
    which contains bootimage etc, and also additional files.

    I need to ftp to this from time to time, to place new files there, or to get
    files from the disk. I used to be able to log in from my PC by using ftp,
    and logging in with no user-name and password. I was then able to get any
    file I wanted, and to overwrite any file I wanted by "put".

    However, after upgrading the development platform (Tornado 2.2.1), an
    updated ftp-component seemed to be included when I build a new boot-image.

    Now, the ftp gives me "550 Guest access denied" when I try to place a file
    on the VxWorks-system. I use no username or password.
    I guess I will have to include a username and password somewhere, but do you
    have any idea where I do this?

    The "username" and "password" which is set using "iam" or in the bootstrap
    parameters, seems to be the username/password used by the VxWorks-system
    when connecting to other systems (i.e. as a client), and not as a server.

    Thanks for any help!

    Best regards,

    Jostein

  2. Re: FTP User and Password

    hi,
    on top of the ftp server screen,u will see security.from the drop down
    menu select user/rights.then by clicking new user button,u can add
    userid and password.
    saurav
    JT (the special sign) wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a Pentium-based target running VxWorks. It has a disk system (/ata0a)
    > which contains bootimage etc, and also additional files.
    >
    > I need to ftp to this from time to time, to place new files there, or to get
    > files from the disk. I used to be able to log in from my PC by using ftp,
    > and logging in with no user-name and password. I was then able to get any
    > file I wanted, and to overwrite any file I wanted by "put".
    >
    > However, after upgrading the development platform (Tornado 2.2.1), an
    > updated ftp-component seemed to be included when I build a new boot-image.
    >
    > Now, the ftp gives me "550 Guest access denied" when I try to place a file
    > on the VxWorks-system. I use no username or password.
    > I guess I will have to include a username and password somewhere, but do you
    > have any idea where I do this?
    >
    > The "username" and "password" which is set using "iam" or in the bootstrap
    > parameters, seems to be the username/password used by the VxWorks-system
    > when connecting to other systems (i.e. as a client), and not as a server.
    >
    > Thanks for any help!
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Jostein

  3. Re: FTP User and Password

    I would goal there is a security issue because error code 550 returned.

    saurav wrote:
    > hi,
    > on top of the ftp server screen,u will see security.from the drop down
    > menu select user/rights.then by clicking new user button,u can add
    > userid and password.
    > saurav
    > JT (the special sign) wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I have a Pentium-based target running VxWorks. It has a disk system (/ata0a)
    > > which contains bootimage etc, and also additional files.
    > >
    > > I need to ftp to this from time to time, to place new files there, or to get
    > > files from the disk. I used to be able to log in from my PC by using ftp,
    > > and logging in with no user-name and password. I was then able to get any
    > > file I wanted, and to overwrite any file I wanted by "put".
    > >
    > > However, after upgrading the development platform (Tornado 2.2.1), an
    > > updated ftp-component seemed to be included when I build a new boot-image.
    > >
    > > Now, the ftp gives me "550 Guest access denied" when I try to place a file
    > > on the VxWorks-system. I use no username or password.
    > > I guess I will have to include a username and password somewhere, but do you
    > > have any idea where I do this?
    > >
    > > The "username" and "password" which is set using "iam" or in the bootstrap
    > > parameters, seems to be the username/password used by the VxWorks-system
    > > when connecting to other systems (i.e. as a client), and not as a server.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help!
    > >
    > > Best regards,
    > >
    > > Jostein

  4. Re: FTP User and Password

    Thanks,
    saurav, I think you misunderstood, as it is the VxWorks-system I use as the
    ftp-server. I.e. no windows with drop-down menus etc..

    However, I found the "problem", which was simply me not reading the right
    manual... (too many manuals to look in..).
    The ftp username and password (same as for telnet) is specified in the boot
    image. So when I used that username/password, I was able to log in.

    Thanks again,
    jostein

    "jeanwelly" wrote in message
    news:1145023479.434552.10990@e56g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    >I would goal there is a security issue because error code 550 returned.
    >
    > saurav wrote:
    >> hi,
    >> on top of the ftp server screen,u will see security.from the drop down
    >> menu select user/rights.then by clicking new user button,u can add
    >> userid and password.
    >> saurav
    >> JT (the special sign) wrote:
    >> > Hi,
    >> > I have a Pentium-based target running VxWorks. It has a disk system
    >> > (/ata0a)
    >> > which contains bootimage etc, and also additional files.
    >> >
    >> > I need to ftp to this from time to time, to place new files there, or
    >> > to get
    >> > files from the disk. I used to be able to log in from my PC by using
    >> > ftp,
    >> > and logging in with no user-name and password. I was then able to get
    >> > any
    >> > file I wanted, and to overwrite any file I wanted by "put".
    >> >
    >> > However, after upgrading the development platform (Tornado 2.2.1), an
    >> > updated ftp-component seemed to be included when I build a new
    >> > boot-image.
    >> >
    >> > Now, the ftp gives me "550 Guest access denied" when I try to place a
    >> > file
    >> > on the VxWorks-system. I use no username or password.
    >> > I guess I will have to include a username and password somewhere, but
    >> > do you
    >> > have any idea where I do this?
    >> >
    >> > The "username" and "password" which is set using "iam" or in the
    >> > bootstrap
    >> > parameters, seems to be the username/password used by the
    >> > VxWorks-system
    >> > when connecting to other systems (i.e. as a client), and not as a
    >> > server.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for any help!
    >> >
    >> > Best regards,
    >> >
    >> > Jostein