any functions like clrscr() and gotoxy() in VxWorks? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on any functions like clrscr() and gotoxy() in VxWorks? - VxWorks ; hi, all I wanna devise a pleasant text interface in vxworks. and I used to adopt clrscr() and gotoxy() in DOS which r two quite useful functions: clrscr() ---- clear the screen gotoxy() ---- locate the cursor, then u can ...

  1. any functions like clrscr() and gotoxy() in VxWorks?

    hi, all

    I wanna devise a pleasant text interface in vxworks.

    and I used to adopt clrscr() and gotoxy() in DOS which r two quite
    useful functions:
    clrscr() ---- clear the screen
    gotoxy() ---- locate the cursor, then u can print ur text.

    So I am wondering if there are any functions like clrscr() and gotoxy
    in VxWorks?

    I had searched the manual, especially the windsh part. Nothing helpful
    is found.

  2. Re: any functions like clrscr() and gotoxy() in VxWorks?

    Moreover, I'd like to know if there r functions to detect keys pressed.

    the general functions I'll realize r like

    1)plot a table
    ==================
    port1 value1
    port2 value2
    ==================

    2) if (keypressed)
    { case (keyvalue)
    '1': update value1 at the exact position where value1 locates
    '2': update value2

    TIA

  3. Re: any functions like clrscr() and gotoxy() in VxWorks?

    Kai wrote:
    > hi, all
    >
    > I wanna devise a pleasant text interface in vxworks.
    >
    > and I used to adopt clrscr() and gotoxy() in DOS which r two quite
    > useful functions:
    > clrscr() ---- clear the screen
    > gotoxy() ---- locate the cursor, then u can print ur text.
    >
    > So I am wondering if there are any functions like clrscr() and gotoxy
    > in VxWorks?
    >
    > I had searched the manual, especially the windsh part. Nothing helpful
    > is found.

    Such a thing would be more appropiately documented in the termial
    program you are using to communicate with VxWorks' shell, and has
    nothing to do with VxWorks itself. Your best bet would probably be to
    use a terminal that understands something common like ANSI control
    sequences and implement your program using those.

    REH

+ Reply to Thread