VxWorks 6.2 Message Channels - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks 6.2 Message Channels - VxWorks ; Has anyone used message channels (COMP vs TIPC) in VxWorks 6.2? I'm trying to find some examples on how to set up a message channel, but the documentation is not all that helpful. I have a system with multiple RTP's ...

  1. VxWorks 6.2 Message Channels

    Has anyone used message channels (COMP vs TIPC) in VxWorks 6.2? I'm
    trying to find some examples on how to set up a message channel, but
    the documentation is not all that helpful.

    I have a system with multiple RTP's and want to set up message channels
    rather than message queues. From what I understand with message
    channels is that if one end goes away, the other side will know about
    it...if this is so....how does it work?

    I have more questions but I will wait as to not include all of them in
    one posting.

  2. Re: VxWorks 6.2 Message Channels

    Message channel is client-server model which is based on socket as the
    manual said.
    You can get examples from windsurf

+ Reply to Thread