How to Soft Reset ARM926EJ-S under VxWorks 5.5.1? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to Soft Reset ARM926EJ-S under VxWorks 5.5.1? - VxWorks ; Hi, I am writing BSP for my system that uses ARM926EJ-s as processor and VxWorks 5.5.1 as OS. I wanted to know that how can I soft reset my system ( i.e. the code that will do the soft reset)? ...

  1. How to Soft Reset ARM926EJ-S under VxWorks 5.5.1?

    Hi,

    I am writing BSP for my system that uses ARM926EJ-s as processor and
    VxWorks 5.5.1 as OS.

    I wanted to know that how can I soft reset my system ( i.e. the code
    that will do the soft reset)?

    Can somebody help?

    Thanks in advance.....

    Regards,
    Amit Gaharwar

  2. Re: How to Soft Reset ARM926EJ-S under VxWorks 5.5.1?

    amit.gaharwar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am writing BSP for my system that uses ARM926EJ-s as processor and
    > VxWorks 5.5.1 as OS.
    >
    > I wanted to know that how can I soft reset my system ( i.e. the code
    > that will do the soft reset)?
    >
    > Can somebody help?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.....
    >
    > Regards,
    > Amit Gaharwar

    Hi,

    If you are talking about soft reset of the CPU you should check if there
    are registers or a watchdog which allows to perform the reset.
    The core may not have such component. If the ARM926EJ-S is part of a
    micro controller, you may check the datasheet.

    Otherwise you can use the command reboot() which allows to perform a
    warm boot on your system (VxWorks view).

    Pat

+ Reply to Thread