Tornado docs and Firefox - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Tornado docs and Firefox - VxWorks ; VxWorks 5.4.2 Tornado 2.0.2 Host: Windows 2000 SP 4 Several months ago I installed Mozilla/Firefox 1.5.0 as my default web browser. This morning I wanted to use Tornado Online Manuals (which I have not read since 2005, I think). But ...

  1. Tornado docs and Firefox

    VxWorks 5.4.2
    Tornado 2.0.2
    Host: Windows 2000 SP 4

    Several months ago I installed Mozilla/Firefox 1.5.0 as my default web
    browser. This morning I wanted to use Tornado Online Manuals (which I
    have not read since 2005, I think).

    But every time I click on Content -> VxWorks Reference Manual ->
    Libraries -> read, or on Index -> read, Firefox opens and the following
    message appears:

    "Firefox no sabe cómo abrir esta dirección, porque el protocolo (c) no
    está asociado con ningún programa."

    which means (more or less):

    "Firefox does not know how to open this address, because protocol (c) is
    not associated to any program".

    I've tried reinstalling Tornado documentation, to no avail.

    Any clues?

    Many thanks and have a good day.

  2. Re: Tornado docs and Firefox

    Hello Ignacio,

    Ignacio G.T. schrieb:
    > But every time I click on Content -> VxWorks Reference Manual ->
    > Libraries -> read, or on Index -> read, Firefox opens and the following
    > message appears:
    >
    > "Firefox does not know how to open this address, because protocol (c) is
    > not associated to any program".

    This is a security function of Mozilla.
    open about:config as url and search for the line
    security.checkloaduri
    set this to false by double clickung it and it should work.

    Hope it helps!

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  3. Re: Tornado docs and Firefox

    hi,
    I encounter this inconvience b4 as you.

    I guess it's because Tornado use such format as
    "c:/tornado/doc/index.html" ( slash is used here ) to load the helping
    page, but firefox doesn't kown how to analyze. The correct address
    should be "file:///c:/tornado/doc/index.html" or
    "c:\tornado\doc\index.html" that can be recognized correctly by
    firefox.

    These three formats r all ok for IE.

    Since now, I've tried serveral ways to solve it, installing firefox
    extension -- slashy, setting security.checkloaduri to false... all
    failed to help.

    so I suggest using IE instead or create a firefox extension for
    converting the format correctly.

    Or are there any other way to solve it?

    TIA

+ Reply to Thread