ip forwarding problem vxWorks MPC880 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ip forwarding problem vxWorks MPC880 - VxWorks ; hi,, Iam facing some problem in forwrding IP packets in vxWorks.This is our configuration PC 192.168.128.74/24 | 192.168.128.122/24 A Node 1 (10.3.1.1/16)B -- C(10.3.2.1/16) Node 2 Our PC is connected to Node 1 A interface using ethernet link(FEC) and node ...

  1. ip forwarding problem vxWorks MPC880

    hi,,

    Iam facing some problem in forwrding IP packets in vxWorks.This is our
    configuration

    PC
    192.168.128.74/24

    192.168.128.122/24
    Node 1 (10.3.1.1/16)B -- C(10.3.2.1/16) Node 2

    Our PC is connected to Node 1 A interface using ethernet link(FEC) and
    node 1 B and Node 2 C interfaces are connected throught sonet link..I
    was able to ping between the 2 Sonet Interfaces

    >From Node 2 i was able to ping node 1 A ethernet interface. But iam

    facing problems when i try to ping from PC to node 2 interface.

    we are running RIP on all the interfaces for routing.when i try to ping
    node 2 interface what iam observing is it is sending packets through
    sonet link and recieving the ping reply also but it is not forwaridng
    that to ethernet interface

    In my ipstatShow iam seeing an increase in both counters forward and
    cant forward when i try to ping from PC to node 2. My observation is 1
    way it is forwarding the packets and in reverse it is not happening
    ??..

    is this is a vxWorks stack issue??..how to figure out exactly where the
    packet forwarding is failing?

    regards
    Rams

  2. Re: ip forwarding problem vxWorks MPC880

    the address of node 2 is private address.

    in tcp/ip. private address able to ping via PROXY and NAT to public address.
    but
    public address must through the passive TCP link access private.

    in your situation. you can try set node1 to 9.3.1.1/16 and set node2 to
    9.3.2.1/16

    it will work.

    good luck.

    Jesse Song

    "rams"
    ??????:1141623271.408055.49340@p10g2000cwp.googleg roups.com...
    > hi,,
    >
    > Iam facing some problem in forwrding IP packets in vxWorks.This is our
    > configuration
    >
    > PC
    > 192.168.128.74/24
    > |
    > 192.168.128.122/24
    > Node 1 (10.3.1.1/16)B -- C(10.3.2.1/16) Node 2
    >
    > Our PC is connected to Node 1 A interface using ethernet link(FEC) and
    > node 1 B and Node 2 C interfaces are connected throught sonet link..I
    > was able to ping between the 2 Sonet Interfaces
    >
    >>From Node 2 i was able to ping node 1 A ethernet interface. But iam

    > facing problems when i try to ping from PC to node 2 interface.
    >
    > we are running RIP on all the interfaces for routing.when i try to ping
    > node 2 interface what iam observing is it is sending packets through
    > sonet link and recieving the ping reply also but it is not forwaridng
    > that to ethernet interface
    >
    > In my ipstatShow iam seeing an increase in both counters forward and
    > cant forward when i try to ping from PC to node 2. My observation is 1
    > way it is forwarding the packets and in reverse it is not happening
    > ??..
    >
    > is this is a vxWorks stack issue??..how to figure out exactly where the
    > packet forwarding is failing?
    >
    > regards
    > Rams

+ Reply to Thread