secondary boot loader for vxworks.... - VxWorks

This is a discussion on secondary boot loader for vxworks.... - VxWorks ; Hello Friends... i am Dinesh ,, working on vxworks 5.5.1, PCpentium4 traget. now i could boot vxworks form the hard disc . ie in that hard disc there was no other OS nor the data ,so that i could format ...

  1. secondary boot loader for vxworks....

    Hello Friends...

    i am Dinesh ,, working on vxworks 5.5.1, PCpentium4 traget.
    now i could boot vxworks form the hard disc . ie in that hard disc
    there was no other OS nor the data ,so that i could format & create
    primary drive and put my bootrom.sys of vxworks and i could boot
    vxworks directly from hard disc ...

    now i need 2 create a seconary boot loader for vxworks .. ie once the
    pc is powered on it should show 2 options ie LINUX and VXWORKS .,,,,,,
    and if i select vxworks ,,, vxworks should boot or if i select linux,,
    linux should boot , as we get on normal pc ie WINDOWS and LINUX ..

    so how to procide further about this . I not finding any idea about
    this .. let me know please .

    Regards,
    Dinesh

  2. Re: secondary boot loader for vxworks....

    hi

    I am saji.How did u boot vxworks from pentium processor?
    Can u help me on this

    dinesh wrote:
    > Hello Friends...
    >
    > i am Dinesh ,, working on vxworks 5.5.1, PCpentium4 traget.
    > now i could boot vxworks form the hard disc . ie in that hard disc
    > there was no other OS nor the data ,so that i could format & create
    > primary drive and put my bootrom.sys of vxworks and i could boot
    > vxworks directly from hard disc ...
    >
    > now i need 2 create a seconary boot loader for vxworks .. ie once the
    > pc is powered on it should show 2 options ie LINUX and VXWORKS .,,,,,,
    > and if i select vxworks ,,, vxworks should boot or if i select linux,,
    > linux should boot , as we get on normal pc ie WINDOWS and LINUX ..
    >
    > so how to procide further about this . I not finding any idea about
    > this .. let me know please .
    >
    > Regards,
    > Dinesh

  3. Re: secondary boot loader for vxworks....

    hi,I am mark.

    As we know,there is loadlin.exe for bootint linux and vxload.exe for
    booting vxworks.

    So you can make a dos boot disk and use them to boot which os you want
    to boot.

    good luck

+ Reply to Thread