A small project on VXWorks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on A small project on VXWorks - VxWorks ; Hi can any body please suggest me a small project that i can do on vxWorks. I know C, C++ .I know the basics concepts of vxworks programming.Can any body provide me a full source project which i can tet ...

  1. A small project on VXWorks

    Hi can any body please suggest me a small project that i can do on
    vxWorks.
    I know C, C++ .I know the basics concepts of vxworks programming.Can
    any body provide me a full source project which i can tet on my host
    computer.

    Regards
    Rajnish

  2. Re: A small project on VXWorks

    rajnishkgaur@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi can any body please suggest me a small project that i can do on
    > vxWorks.
    > I know C, C++ .I know the basics concepts of vxworks programming.Can
    > any body provide me a full source project which i can tet on my host
    > computer.

    In the past there was a great tutorial in the "Getting Started Guide"
    from Wind River. Is it not there any more?

    It walked you through all the steps of development...

  3. Re: A small project on VXWorks

    I had that manual, but i need something which can help me to develop
    and test a complete cycle of a task/project.

  4. Re: A small project on VXWorks

    "rajnishkgaur@gmail.com" wrote:

    >I had that manual, but i need something which can help me to develop
    >and test a complete cycle of a task/project.

    VxWorks development is very much centered around the target on which
    one's code will run. Perhaps it would help to tell us what target
    or targets are available to you and on which you wish to develop
    your demonstration project.

    | two, one and one make one."

  5. Re: A small project on VXWorks

    Thats right but the problem is that , i do not have any target board
    with me .....
    The thing is that i want to know is there any real time application
    that i can write on vxworks simulator and test it on arm / x86
    simulator.

    Thanks for your time
    Rajnish

    Michael R. Kesti wrote:
    > "rajnishkgaur@gmail.com" wrote:
    >
    > >I had that manual, but i need something which can help me to develop
    > >and test a complete cycle of a task/project.

    > VxWorks development is very much centered around the target on which
    > one's code will run. Perhaps it would help to tell us what target
    > or targets are available to you and on which you wish to develop
    > your demonstration project.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Kesti | "And like, one and one don't make
    > | two, one and one make one."
    > mrkesti at comcast dot net | - The Who, Bargain

  6. Re: A small project on VXWorks

    "rajnishkgaur@gmail.com" wrote:

    >Michael R. Kesti wrote:
    >
    >> VxWorks development is very much centered around the target on which
    >> one's code will run. Perhaps it would help to tell us what target
    >> or targets are available to you and on which you wish to develop
    >> your demonstration project.

    >Thats right but the problem is that , i do not have any target board
    >with me .....
    >The thing is that i want to know is there any real time application
    >that i can write on vxworks simulator and test it on arm / x86
    >simulator.

    You're not going to do anything truely real-time under the simulator
    but maybe that's OK if your primary goal is learning your way around
    Tornado. If that's correct, then you might consider implementing the
    UDP client/server examples in section 7.2.6 of the VxWorks Network
    Programmer's Guide.

    >Thanks for your time

    HTH

    | two, one and one make one."

  7. Re: A small project on VXWorks

    You can do floppy device driver project... using c with structure with
    vxworks supported file systems

  8. Re: A small project on VXWorks

    Dear Jay

    Can you suggest me some moredieas on writing device drivers for
    vxworks?if you know some links,to achieve this requirement,do share
    with me.

    thanks&regards
    Johny

  9. Re: A small project on VXWorks

    Dear Jay

    Can you suggest me some more information on writing device drivers
    for vxworks?if you know some links,to achieve this requirement,do share
    with me.

    thanks&regards
    Johny

+ Reply to Thread