Ctrl + X is not working - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Ctrl + X is not working - VxWorks ; Hello friends, my target system is not rebooting if press CTRL + X . Should I include any things in boot image ? thanks......

  1. Ctrl + X is not working

    Hello friends,

    my target system is not rebooting if press CTRL + X . Should I
    include any things in boot image ?

    thanks...

  2. Re: Ctrl + X is not working

    Hello Raja,
    I found some information about this in the windriver documentation
    subtopic "Tty Special Characters" in section "4.7 Devices in
    VxWorks".

    See the text in quotes
    "The ROM monitor trap character, by default CTRL+X. This character
    traps to the ROM-resident monitor program. Note that this is drastic.
    All normal VxWorks functioning is suspended, and the computer system is
    controlled entirely by the monitor."

    "Depending on the particular monitor, it may or may not be possible to
    restart VxWorks from the point of interruption."

    "The monitor trap character is enabled by OPT_MON_TRAP."

    Please also go through the description of tyMonitorTrapSet( ) function.
    This may provide you with some clue.

    Regards,
    Keshav

+ Reply to Thread