Warning: GDB can't find the start of the function at 0xffffffff - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Warning: GDB can't find the start of the function at 0xffffffff - VxWorks ; hi all, i am using GDB 5.3 and 2.96 gcc mips compiler for my application code.When i am debugging my code,i am not able to see the stack frames in by back trace.When i am using the command return it ...

  1. Warning: GDB can't find the start of the function at 0xffffffff

    hi all,

    i am using GDB 5.3 and 2.96 gcc mips compiler for my application
    code.When i am debugging my code,i am not able to see the stack frames
    in by back trace.When i am using the command return it was giving this
    error Warning: GDB can't find the start of the function at 0xffffffff.

    What could be the problem, do i need to rebuild the GDB and any
    compiler options that i need to set for debugging my application code.

    Regards,
    Sudheervemana.

  2. Re: Warning: GDB can't find the start of the function at 0xffffffff

    hi all...

    i have resolved the problem with the Warning: GDB can't find the
    start of the function at 0xffffffff.

    for limitting the size of search by the debugger i used "set
    heuristic-fence-post 0" command in the debugger.now i am able to see my
    stack frames in the debugger.

    thanks,
    Sudheervemana.

+ Reply to Thread