Changing Target Shell serial port - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Changing Target Shell serial port - VxWorks ; How can I configure my vxWorks kernel so that the target shell is on a serial port other than the initial one. (I'd like to use the primary serial port for interfacing to another device.) JiMZ...

  1. Changing Target Shell serial port

    How can I configure my vxWorks kernel so that the target shell is on a
    serial port other than the initial one. (I'd like to use the primary
    serial port for interfacing to another device.)

    JiMZ

  2. Re: Changing Target Shell serial port

    BTW, our target is a pentium board.

  3. Re: Changing Target Shell serial port

    jimzat wrote:

    >How can I configure my vxWorks kernel so that the target shell is on a
    >serial port other than the initial one. (I'd like to use the primary
    >serial port for interfacing to another device.)

    >BTW, our target is a pentium board.

    The shell uses STDIN, STDOUT, and STDERR for its I/O. These can be changed
    globally using ioGlobalStdSet() or for a single task (the shell task) using
    ioTaskStdSet().

    I suspect, however, that what you really want to do is change the console
    port rather than just the shell's I/O port. If this is correct, then you
    need to change the definition of CONSOLE_TTY in both your BSP's config.h
    file and in your bootable vxWorks project configuration.