pcPentim bootrom trouble - VxWorks

This is a discussion on pcPentim bootrom trouble - VxWorks ; dear all: i've got a trouble in pcPentium's bootrom. my bootrom stopped by characters which are coming form where unknown.the output in the shell is like this: /*Begin*/ Press Any key To stop autoboot... 3 ^@[vxWorks Boot]:^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ /* End */ ...

  1. pcPentim bootrom trouble

    dear all:
    i've got a trouble in pcPentium's bootrom.
    my bootrom stopped by characters which are coming form where
    unknown.the output
    in the shell is like this:
    /*Begin*/

    Press Any key To stop autoboot...
    3
    ^@[vxWorks Boot]:^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@

    /* End */

    autoboot interrupted because of some like ^@ characteres
    output,although i did not input anything.......so i can't get vxworks
    autoboot..

    i really do not known why and where are these characters from ?

    can someone help me!?!!?!!?thanks a lot!

  2. Re: pcPentim bootrom trouble

    hi yaop,
    I have some guesses about ur work environment.I think the
    keyboard 's @ key is pressed forever(May be because it has been over
    used so many times earlier?).Hence try changing the key board.Still if
    it doesn't work,search for the character in your project files.I dn't
    know if this case could be true.May be try it.And please reply back the
    result.
    -kk

  3. Re: pcPentim bootrom trouble

    dear krishna:
    thanks very much for you help. i try in two ways according your
    guide.
    first ,i change my keyborad,the boot error still occurs.
    2nd,i find "^@" in my bsp files bot found,and i find it from
    bootrom_uncmp ,not found too.
    i modify my bootConfig.c file. and print some additional infromation to
    the console.
    i found that the unkown input characters occurs when excute the funtion
    autoboot() ( statement in bootconfig.c is key=autoboot() ),autoboot
    routine get some key (unkown),so it returns.and autoboot stopped.
    i delay the autoboot() routine by add a statement
    taskDelay(sysClkRateGet()) , the error is still ouccur. i get the
    number of keys by ioctl(consoleFd,NREAD,&nbyte),and get the nbytes in
    the serial buffer about 11-20 and the number is diffrent every times i
    reboot the machine.
    i use a pure simple recevie windows program to recevie the characters
    output by the machine. the content is same to use a terminal program.
    btw,my machine's provider says that the machine's serial port is 16c550
    compatible.but i use i8250sio.c as the serial driver. is this work?
    the serial prot's chip is WS83977,and my chipset is 440MX.

+ Reply to Thread