Can I download a project in Tornado to the target by window command? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Can I download a project in Tornado to the target by window command? - VxWorks ; I want to write a window program to start Tornado and download project to the target server "automatically". But I am not sure how to do these Tornado operations in WINDOW command. Is there anybody who can give me some ...

  1. Can I download a project in Tornado to the target by window command?

    I want to write a window program to start Tornado and download project
    to the target server "automatically". But I am not sure how to do these
    Tornado operations in WINDOW command. Is there anybody who can give me
    some hints on this? Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: Can I download a project in Tornado to the target by window command?

    david wrote:

    >I want to write a window program to start Tornado and download project
    >to the target server "automatically". But I am not sure how to do these
    >Tornado operations in WINDOW command. Is there anybody who can give me
    >some hints on this? Thanks a lot!

    The Tornado API Programmer's Guide indicates that the "usual" setup is
    that Tornado tools communicate with the target server's front end using
    a protocol called "WTX" and the target server's back end communicates
    with a WDB agent running on the target using a protocol called "WDB".

    It seems that you can get to where you want to go by writing your
    Windows(TM) program to behave as a target server back end by itself
    communicating with the target's WDB agent using WDB protocol messages.

    It probably won't be very easy, but the Tornado API Programmer's Guide
    seems to have the information you will need to get there.

    | two, one and one make one."

  3. Re: Can I download a project in Tornado to the target by window command?

    Thanks. I have already started reading that guide book.

+ Reply to Thread