Re: No BOOTROM SYS - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Re: No BOOTROM SYS - VxWorks ; hi I just want ot boot vxworks from cf. but as you people explained to boot it from cf, it is not possible for me, because i have no floppy drive in my system. So i tried using dos prompt ...

  1. Re: No BOOTROM SYS

    hi

    I just want ot boot vxworks from cf.
    but as you people explained to boot it from cf, it is not possible for
    me, because i have no floppy drive in my system.
    So i tried using dos prompt and turbo c first read the whole sector of
    floppy which contains the bootrom.sys and vxworks.st files using
    another system and transfer the whole to the cf.
    then i tried to boot from cf , but it shows no boot rom .sys. what can
    i do

    kindly help me

    --
    vijeshpk

  2. Re: No BOOTROM SYS

    vijeshpk wrote:

    > I just want ot boot vxworks from cf.
    > but as you people explained to boot it from cf, it is not possible for
    > me, because i have no floppy drive in my system.
    > So i tried using dos prompt and turbo c first read the whole sector of
    > floppy which contains the bootrom.sys and vxworks.st files using
    > another system and transfer the whole to the cf.
    > then i tried to boot from cf , but it shows no boot rom .sys. what can
    > i do

    If you have Win98, you can use the mkboot.bat readily. If you have Win2K
    or greater, WindRiver tech support says that you can use mkboot.bat, but
    that to do it you have to buy a special compact flash reader which plugs
    into the IDE (harddisk) bus. USB compact flash readers/writers will not
    work with mkboot.bat on Win2K or greater. I haven't tried their solution
    yet so I don't know if it works.

    I have heard of people familiar with linux getting around the whole issue
    with commands readily available on the linux command line, but I don't
    know the technique...

    David

+ Reply to Thread