interrupt number and vector - VxWorks

This is a discussion on interrupt number and vector - VxWorks ; hi folks, what this macros means, INT_VEC_GET INUM_TO_IVEC IVEC_TO_INUM before passing vector to intConnect() function, some conversion there are doing. I am not able to understand why this conversion required. what is interrupt number and interrupt vector ? I need ...

  1. interrupt number and vector

    hi folks,

    what this macros means,

    INT_VEC_GET
    INUM_TO_IVEC
    IVEC_TO_INUM

    before passing vector to intConnect() function, some conversion there
    are doing. I am not able to understand why this conversion required.
    what is interrupt number and interrupt vector ? I need some low level
    explanation..

    intConnect (INUM_TO_IVEC(PLX9030_INT_LVL), ns16550Int ,0);

    thanks,
    Raja.

  2. Re: interrupt number and vector

    hello raja,
    The macros are for the following purposes:
    INUM_TO_IVEC :Convert the ISR No. to ISR Vector
    i/p:Row No.
    o/p:Vector address
    INT_VEC_GET:Get the Vector corresponding to the
    Interrupt no.
    i/p:Interrupt Level of the device for which u
    want to install the isr.
    o/p:Row No. of the ISR vector address in the IVT
    table.
    Hence, lets say for keyboard,it goes like this:
    intConnect( INUM_TO_IVEC(INT_VEC_GET(01)) ,
    new_isr,0);

    njoy.
    -kk

+ Reply to Thread