Powerquic II (MPC8270) and RMII Ethernet PHY (Am79C875) - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Powerquic II (MPC8270) and RMII Ethernet PHY (Am79C875) - VxWorks ; VxWorks: 5.5 using modified version of motFcc2End.c We are experiencing problems when switching ethernet cables at different speeds, specifically changing from a 100MBit cable to a 10MBit cable. The interrupt from the PHY is always happening and the FCC is ...

  1. Powerquic II (MPC8270) and RMII Ethernet PHY (Am79C875)

    VxWorks: 5.5 using modified version of motFcc2End.c

    We are experiencing problems when switching ethernet cables at
    different speeds, specifically changing from a 100MBit cable to a
    10MBit cable.

    The interrupt from the PHY is always happening and the FCC is being
    reconfigured for 10BaseT in the GFEMRx[CLK] bit.

    However, the FCC no longer receives Ethernet packets addressed to it's
    MAC address, although it continues to receive broadcast packets without
    problem.

    This situation is cleared when the FCC transmits a packet.

    Switching from a 10MBit cable to a 100MBit cable always works!!!!

    Anyone out there had a similar problem and know a suitable fix???

    Thanks,
    Andrew.

  2. Re: Powerquic II (MPC8270) and RMII Ethernet PHY (Am79C875)

    I had ever met a bug for PHY in motFccEnd.c(for vxworks5.4),I solve it
    by modifying code about PHY(mask a judgment for PHY register,
    certainly,MUST be do it according to your hardware). I guess that
    MotFcc2End.c do have similar bug,but I have no experience to the new
    edition ethernet driver.

    best regards
    liuyn
    linkdata40@yahoo.com.cn