Mixed (C & and assembly) listing - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Mixed (C & and assembly) listing - VxWorks ; I am using Tornado 2.21 with DIAB compiler for PPC architecture. Question : Does anybody know how to create a mixed C & and assembly code listing on DIAB ? For GNU it is simple: objdumpppc -l --source --disassemble file.o ...

  1. Mixed (C & and assembly) listing

    I am using Tornado 2.21 with DIAB compiler for PPC architecture.

    Question :
    Does anybody know how to create a mixed C & and assembly code listing on
    DIAB ?

    For GNU it is simple:

    objdumpppc -l --source --disassemble file.o

    The above command produces only the assembly listing for object files
    compiled by DIAB.

    Thanks
    Martin Roth

  2. Re: Mixed (C & and assembly) listing

    Martin,

    Try these options:

    -S -Xpass-source

    C is placed in assembler code as comments

    --

    Regards,

    Graham Baxter - AVAILABLE SOON FOR A NEW ASSIGNMENT
    Freelance Software Engineer (VxWorks, Linux and pSOS BSPs)
    Graham Baxter (Software) Limited
    http://www.gbsw.co.uk
    fromnewsgrp@NOSPAMgbsw.co.uk

    "Martin Roth" wrote in message
    >I am using Tornado 2.21 with DIAB compiler for PPC architecture.
    >
    > Question :
    > Does anybody know how to create a mixed C & and assembly code listing on
    > DIAB ?
    >
    > For GNU it is simple:
    >
    > objdumpppc -l --source --disassemble file.o
    >
    > The above command produces only the assembly listing for object files
    > compiled by DIAB.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Martin Roth

  3. Re: Mixed (C & and assembly) listing

    Martin Roth wrote:
    > I am using Tornado 2.21 with DIAB compiler for PPC architecture.
    >
    > Question :
    > Does anybody know how to create a mixed C & and assembly code listing on
    > DIAB ?
    >
    > For GNU it is simple:
    >
    > objdumpppc -l --source --disassemble file.o
    >
    > The above command produces only the assembly listing for object files
    > compiled by DIAB.

    You need to compile the C source file with the debug option (-g for
    GNU), so the object file has line-number records in it.

    > Thanks
    > Martin Roth

+ Reply to Thread