what is POSIX - VxWorks

This is a discussion on what is POSIX - VxWorks ; Hello every body... I am very new to vxworks. when start to study vxworks programmer guide, i found concept called POSIX. i am not able to understand. any one help me to understand what is POSIX? and its use. Thanks.....

  1. what is POSIX

    Hello every body...

    I am very new to vxworks. when start to study vxworks
    programmer guide, i found concept called POSIX. i am not able to
    understand.

    any one help me to understand what is POSIX? and its use.

    Thanks..

  2. Re: what is POSIX

    http://www.knosof.co.uk/posix.html

    | two, one and one make one."

  3. Re: what is POSIX

    Raja wrote:
    > Hello every body...
    >
    > I am very new to vxworks. when start to study vxworks
    > programmer guide, i found concept called POSIX. i am not able to
    > understand.
    >
    > any one help me to understand what is POSIX? and its use.
    >
    > Thanks..

    Raja,
    FYI,POSIX is a set of IEEE operating system standard which will help
    you in making your operating system more portable if you follow posix
    standards.Its a set of standards and every vendor of OS may follow
    either full or a subset of these standards according to their
    OS.
    This standard is particularly useful when you want to create
    applications which will be capable of running on multiple OS.
    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

+ Reply to Thread