creating custom bootrom.sys image - VxWorks

This is a discussion on creating custom bootrom.sys image - VxWorks ; Hi All, The target is a pc486 with 3 NIC Cards fei 82557 and its RAM is 256MB. My bootable vxworks image include the application project. A bootable vxworks image is created ,with a main function of the application project ...

  1. creating custom bootrom.sys image

    Hi All,

    The target is a pc486 with 3 NIC Cards fei 82557 and its RAM is
    256MB.

    My bootable vxworks image include the application project.
    A bootable vxworks image is created ,with a main function of the
    application project which is referenced in usrAppInit.c.

    Now i want to make a "bootable hard disk target" with the vxworks image
    and for that i need bootrom.sys file.

    1. As in tornado 2.0, the 'build' menu has an option to create the
    bootrom image for the various BSP's .

    2. After that we use 'vxcopy' utility which is in the
    host/x86-win32/bin directory to strip
    header info off of it and turn it into a sys file.

    3. At last we use vxsys utility to put the boot sector on the hard
    drive.

    will the bootrom.sys file created from tornado 2.0,'build' menu be same
    for my user application bootable vxworks image?
    if not then how to create the custom bootrom.sys image?

    bunty

  2. Re: creating custom bootrom.sys image

    Bunty wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > The target is a pc486 with 3 NIC Cards fei 82557 and its RAM is
    > 256MB.
    >
    > My bootable vxworks image include the application project.
    > A bootable vxworks image is created ,with a main function of the
    > application project which is referenced in usrAppInit.c.
    >
    > Now i want to make a "bootable hard disk target" with the vxworks image
    > and for that i need bootrom.sys file.
    >
    > 1. As in tornado 2.0, the 'build' menu has an option to create the
    > bootrom image for the various BSP's .
    >
    > 2. After that we use 'vxcopy' utility which is in the
    > host/x86-win32/bin directory to strip
    > header info off of it and turn it into a sys file.
    >
    > 3. At last we use vxsys utility to put the boot sector on the hard
    > drive.
    >
    > will the bootrom.sys file created from tornado 2.0,'build' menu be same
    > for my user application bootable vxworks image?
    > if not then how to create the custom bootrom.sys image?

    See my other post if you want to modify bootrom.sys . But are you asking
    if the bootrom.sys will work with your bootable vxworks image? Yes it
    will, but you probably want to modify the BSP to give the bootrom.sys the
    default of loading your vxworks image from the hard disk so you don't have
    to intervene during the booting process. I *think* the macros to do this
    are in the BSP's syslib.c somtehing along the lines of
    'DEFAULT_BOOT_LINE'. Again, I am not 100% sure on the name...

    I hope I am catching on to what you are asking, if not feel free to correct
    me and I will try to answer better

    David

+ Reply to Thread