Compile without tonador env - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Compile without tonador env - VxWorks ; hi, all! I am working on tonador env and VxWorks OS. Now i am using the vxworks sim under Windows, using the tonador env to build the executable vxworks image and have some questions as follows: 1. how to build ...

  1. Compile without tonador env

    hi, all!

    I am working on tonador env and VxWorks OS.
    Now i am using the vxworks sim under Windows, using the tonador env to
    build the executable vxworks image and have some questions as follows:

    1. how to build a complete executable vxworks image without tonador
    env, that means, with only the GNU env, i check the Makefile tonador
    create, and found that it just compile the corresponding object file,
    no rule to build the vxworks image! So i want to know how to build
    a complete executable vxworks image with GNU env, which lib should i
    link??

    2. is there some readline port to vxworks version existed??

  2. Re: Compile without tonador env

    Santorini,

    You may need to run the script file torvars to set up your environment.

    On Windows look in:
    $(WIND_BASE)/host/x86-win32/bin
    for torVars.bat

    For other host replace x86-win32.

    --

    Regards,

    Graham Baxter -AVAILABLE SOON FOR A NEW ASSIGNMENT
    Freelance Software Engineer (VxWorks, Linux and pSOS BSPs)
    Graham Baxter (Software) Limited
    http://www.gbsw.co.uk
    fromnewsgrp@NOSPAMgbsw.co.uk

    "Santorini" wrote in message
    news:1136516778.368248.38480@g47g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > hi, all!
    >
    > I am working on tonador env and VxWorks OS.
    > Now i am using the vxworks sim under Windows, using the tonador env to
    > build the executable vxworks image and have some questions as follows:
    >
    > 1. how to build a complete executable vxworks image without tonador
    > env, that means, with only the GNU env, i check the Makefile tonador
    > create, and found that it just compile the corresponding object file,
    > no rule to build the vxworks image! So i want to know how to build
    > a complete executable vxworks image with GNU env, which lib should i
    > link??
    >
    > 2. is there some readline port to vxworks version existed??

  3. Re: Compile without tonador env

    Graham Baxter ,

    Thank you very much!
    Now i can use my own makefile to build the simpc based vxworks image.

  4. Re: Compile without tonador env

    Santorini wrote:
    > hi, all!

    .... stuff deleted

    > 2. is there some readline port to vxworks version existed??

    Not sure of you will find one but please be aware that GNU readline is
    covered by the GPL and thus (may) not be appropriate to include in your
    application if you do not intend to release your application under the GPL.

  5. Re: Compile without tonador env

    it is a problem.....if i will release the app.

    It is a eth switch simulator just for my usage, but anyhow i'll try to
    find some replacement.editline??

+ Reply to Thread